Why do my comments have to be approved?
We have to approve all comments on the website to ensure that no abusive, offensive, or spam-like comments are published. We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view or of a critical nature. We reserve the right to delete those comments that are off-topic, “spammy” in nature, abusive, use excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks. Please bear in mind the following conditions when commenting on the site:
- Do not imitate another person.
- We collect users’ email addresses to help prevent spam, and to notify users about any replies to their comments. Users can opt-out of these email notifications at any time.
- Once a comment is made public on the Soton Tab website, we will not remove it by request without good reason with regard to the rest of our comment policy. As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of your posting.
- We welcome debate and differing opinion, but personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated. If you receive any comments which you feel personally attack either yourself or another site user please contact .
- We reserve the right to remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, for instance comments of a potentially libellous nature, defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright.
- Any views expressed by the Soton Tab writers in the comments do not necessarily reflect the views of The Soton Tab.
- Your comment is likely to be flagged as spam if you include more than two links. We will also remove obvious commercial postings within the comments. If you’d like to advertise on the site, please view our advertising opportunities.